One of the most delightful, clever and helpful books about marriage I’ve ever seen.- Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love and CommittedThe book is grounded in solid research, makes economics entertaining, and might just save a marriage or two.- Bloomberg NewsA convincing and creative case for how the dismal science can help reconcile marital disputes.- Washington PostThe more you think about it, the more it makes perfect sense.- Sunday TimesPractical, compelling, and often hilarious...The minute I finished the book, I started to experiment on my husband.- Gretchen Rubin, author of The Happiness Project
Results From Our SurveyWhat we heard from the more than 1,100 people who took our Exhaustive, Groundbreaking and Very Expensive Marriage Survey:
- 35% regret not being honest with their spouses
- 76% disagreed with the statement, "The amount of sex should diminish over time"
- The hardest part about being married: 'Not always getting my way'
- 49% use praise to get what they want
- 67% withhold information from their spouses because they don't want to "get into a lengthy discussion"
- book news
- booms and busts
- confirmation bias
- free time
- game theory
- loss aversion
- market noise
- moral hazard
- trade offs
Category Archives: negotiating
A few months back, Paula fessed up to ways she could make her marriage more Pareto efficient. It was a big deal because once she posted ways she could make her husband’s life better without making her life any worse, … Continue reading