One of the most delightful, clever and helpful books about marriage I’ve ever seen.- Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love and CommittedThe book is grounded in solid research, makes economics entertaining, and might just save a marriage or two.- Bloomberg NewsA convincing and creative case for how the dismal science can help reconcile marital disputes.- Washington PostThe more you think about it, the more it makes perfect sense.- Sunday TimesPractical, compelling, and often hilarious...The minute I finished the book, I started to experiment on my husband.- Gretchen Rubin, author of The Happiness Project
Results From Our SurveyWhat we heard from the more than 1,100 people who took our Exhaustive, Groundbreaking and Very Expensive Marriage Survey:
- The hardest part about being married: 'Different points of view'
- The hardest part about being married: 'I can't do everything I want when I want to'
- 92% of people who have sex two to three times a week report being satisfied or very satisfied in their relationships
- 53% keep arguing even after they start repeating themselves
- The hardest part about being married: 'Learning to live with another person in the house'
- book news
- booms and busts
- confirmation bias
- free time
- game theory
- loss aversion
- market noise
- moral hazard
- trade offs
Category Archives: money
As the April 8 deadline approaches for the government to pass a spending bill, I can’t help thinking of our own spending bill–the one that keeps growing by the day, threatening to shut down the entire economy of our marriage … Continue reading