One of the most delightful, clever and helpful books about marriage I’ve ever seen.- Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love and CommittedThe book is grounded in solid research, makes economics entertaining, and might just save a marriage or two.- Bloomberg NewsA convincing and creative case for how the dismal science can help reconcile marital disputes.- Washington PostThe more you think about it, the more it makes perfect sense.- Sunday TimesPractical, compelling, and often hilarious...The minute I finished the book, I started to experiment on my husband.- Gretchen Rubin, author of The Happiness Project
Results From Our SurveyWhat we heard from the more than 1,100 people who took our Exhaustive, Groundbreaking and Very Expensive Marriage Survey:
- The hardest part about being married: 'Not always getting my way'
- 40% of men say they do more than half the housework
- 36% have sex when they're not in the mood because they "feel guilty"
- 25% ask over and over again to get what they want
- The hardest part about being married: 'Negotiating different goals'
- book news
- booms and busts
- confirmation bias
- free time
- game theory
- loss aversion
- market noise
- moral hazard
- trade offs
Category Archives: money
As the April 8 deadline approaches for the government to pass a spending bill, I can’t help thinking of our own spending bill–the one that keeps growing by the day, threatening to shut down the entire economy of our marriage … Continue reading