One of the most delightful, clever and helpful books about marriage I’ve ever seen.- Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love and CommittedThe book is grounded in solid research, makes economics entertaining, and might just save a marriage or two.- Bloomberg NewsA convincing and creative case for how the dismal science can help reconcile marital disputes.- Washington PostThe more you think about it, the more it makes perfect sense.- Sunday TimesPractical, compelling, and often hilarious...The minute I finished the book, I started to experiment on my husband.- Gretchen Rubin, author of The Happiness Project
Results From Our SurveyWhat we heard from the more than 1,100 people who took our Exhaustive, Groundbreaking and Very Expensive Marriage Survey:
- 42% regret being too honest with their spouses
- 77% agree with the statement, "The amount of sex diminishes over time"
- 40% of men say they do more than half the housework
- 76% disagreed with the statement, "The amount of sex should diminish over time"
- The hardest part about being married: 'Learning to live with another person in the house'
- book news
- booms and busts
- confirmation bias
- free time
- game theory
- loss aversion
- market noise
- moral hazard
- trade offs
Category Archives: divorce
So U.S. divorces are finally leveling off. But the seven-year itch–break-ups that occur roughly seven years into a marriage–persists. Which means it takes the average destined-to-divorce couple 7 years to pull the trigger. I know there are reasons for this: … Continue reading
Troubled relationships can weaken your immune system and increase your risk of heart attack, pneumonia and cancer. Continue reading