It’s Not You It’s the Dishes Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. It’s Not You It’s the Dishes Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States. Entrants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. The Contest is not open to officers, directors, employees or agents of Random House, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), or Sponsor’s parent(s), divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Excluded Parties”). Immediate family members, their children and spouses, and persons living in the household of Excluded Parties are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To be eligible to win, visit the It’s Not You It’s the Dishes Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/ItsNotYouItstheDishes. Once there, submit a video of approximately 1:30 minutes in length describing how you’ve solved a problem in your marriage. Only entries submitted in accordance with these rules will be eligible for consideration, and all entries must be received by Sponsor during the Entry Period as defined below. Incomplete or inaccurate entries will be deemed void. Sponsor is not responsible for computer, telephone or other malfunction resulting in late, lost or misdirected entries.
3. ENTRY PERIOD: Entry period commences at 2:00 p.m. (EST) on June 12, 2012 and expires at 11:59 PM (EST) on June 26, 2012 (the “Entry Period”). On or about July 3, 2012, the winners (the “Winners”) will be selected by the authors of It’s Not You, It’s the Dishes (the “Authors”) from among all eligible entries. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received by Sponsor during the Entry Period.
4. PRIZE: One (1) Grand-Prize Winner will receive two 49-minute massages from Bliss Spa or comparable spa location of similar value. The approximate retail value (ARV) of the Prize is $300.
5. WARRANTIES: Entrants represent, warrant, covenant and agree that: (i) they have full right and authority to enter this Contest; (ii) no rights of any kind or nature are being retained or reserved by you or any third party in connection with your Entry; and (iii) your video, in whole or in part, is original and shall not interfere with or infringe, under common or statutory law, the rights of any third party, including, without limitation contract rights, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, rights of publicity and privacy, or otherwise violate the rights of any third party.
6. SELECTION OF WINNER: On or about July 3, 2012, one (1) Grand-Prize Winner will be selected by the Authors from among all eligible entries. Entries will be judged on well the videos portray descriptions of how entrants have solved a problem in their marriage. The determination of the Author in declaring the Winner shall be final and binding. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received by Sponsor during the Entry Period. Notification of Winners will occur on or after Jule 3, 2012, via Facebook. Any Winner’s failure to acknowledge receipt/acceptance of Prize within five (5) days after notification is sent by Sponsor, or the return of any Prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification of the Winner without further notice and an alternate Winner will be selected from among the remaining eligible Entrants. Winners may be required, within ten (10) days following notification by Sponsor, to prove eligibility to the satisfaction of the Sponsor, including verification of age and residence if requested. At the discretion of Sponsor, Winners may also be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility release. Noncompliance with any of these conditions will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating in this Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Author and Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical errors in the rules or any nature of technical malfunction, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failure of any computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or any combination thereof related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor that corrupts or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in any manner. Should the Contest be terminated or cancelled prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be made on Sponsor’s website. Entries that have been tampered with or altered will be deemed void. The use of any system or agent to submit entries in connection with this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest.
8. NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY BY SPONSOR: Sponsor makes no warranties, representations or guarantees with respect to the value of the Prize or any component of the Prize. By accepting the Prize, Entrants release and discharge Sponsor and Excluded Parties from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with the Prize, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind.
9. OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES: Immediately upon entry, all entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned except as herein described. You hereby grant Sponsor, its parents, licensees, successors, assigns, agents and affiliates a perpetual and irrevocable, exclusive, royalty free, worldwide right, title and interest of every kind and nature now or hereafter known in the entry video, including but not limited to a) all copyrights therein, b) the right of reproduction of the video in any and all media whether now known and/or hereafter devised, in whole or in part, c) the moral rights of authors in the essay in whole or in part and d) all rights of manufacture, merchandising, reproduction, adaptation, display and exhibition of the video in whole or in part and the right to make modifications thereto and derivatives thereof, in any and all venues or media whether now known and/or hereafter devised and by any and all means or methods.
10. NAME OF WINNER: For the name of the Winners, available after July 3, 2012, send a stamped, self addressed envelope to:
Random House Publishing Group,
A Division of Random House, Inc.
New York, New York 10019
Attn: Marketing Manager
Re: The It’s Not You It’s the Dishes Contest
11. GOVERING LAW: All disputes and questions regarding the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or concerning the rights and obligations of any participant and/or the Sponsor, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained there.
12. SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by The Random House Publishing Group, a division of Random House, Inc., 1745 Broadway, New York, New York 10019.