The Nightly Routine

What do you do every night when you get home? I mean you and your spouse? Like after the kids are in bed? Do you…

Watch TV?

Retreat to your electronic devices (laptop. ipad, kindle, psp, etc)?

Talk?

Sit in silence?

Read?

Skype your Australian cousins?

Drink?

Drink and do some combination of the above?

Have sex or something like it?

Blog?

Play Trivial Pursuit?

Sit on the porch/roof/stoop and contemplate your futures?

What am I missing?

photo courtesy of banalities on flickr

Posted in free time

8 Responses to The Nightly Routine

1. Jen says:

Lol! I think we do a combination of all of those activities. Depending on the night, we may engage in as many as 6 or 7 of those you mentioned in a single evening. And almost none of them is very exciting. I leave you to decide which are more exciting than the others :)

2. Alison says:

When it’s raining like this (despite it being our anniversary) … electronic devices & Tv.  I read & blog.  He reads and tends his virtual garden.  But when it’s nice out, we work on our landscaping.  Great topic!

3. Carolyn says:

Angry Birds…. unfortunately! I’d rather be doing some of the more exciting activities but my hubby goes to work early and I stay up late. :(

4. Jessie K says:

lately i’ve been doing a fitness dvd while watching netflix simultaneously. it’s a joyful existence, single parenting.

5. I actually go to bed with the kids… they happen to go late to bed, and I happen to need lots of sleep. That said, on the occasions that I do stay awake longer than them, it´s usually movies / music with my guy.

6. Brian says:

Sex? What’s that?

7. Laura M. says:

Several parts tv and convo, a few parts drinkies, a few more parts sex, add dashes of future contemplating and friends over, shake and server over ice with a wedge of lime.
    We don’t have kiddles yet, so I guess this is all happening after do dog goes to bed.